The National Organization of Customs Agents (NOCA) was set up as an independent, voluntary, non-political, non-profit organization in May 1999.
The organization’s main objectives are:
- To explain and promote the main principles, the technical and legal regulation of the operation of customs agents in Bulgaria.
- To submit proposals for changes and improvement of the statutory framework regulating the customs regime with the competent state authorities in order to elaborate, in accordance with the due procedure, regulations protecting the customs agents and the users of customs services in Bulgaria.
- To assist in the establishment of professional and fair relations between the customs agents, who are members of the organization, in view to affirming the good name of NOCA and its members.
- To assist for enhancement of the professional qualification of its members.
- To assist for the establishment of information environment on the problems of customs regime.
The organization fulfills its objectives through:
- Interaction with the Customs Agency and other competent state bodies, public organizations and other non-profit associations;
- Expressing opinions on drafts of statutory acts, instructions, decisions and other acts in the field of customs regime in the country;
- Developing, issuing and circulating free of charge print, audio and video materials for improvement and enhancement of the customs regime, participation through representatives in public debates on these issues;
- Collecting and maintaining of information funds, organizing the use of Bulgarian and foreign information sources;
- Attracting experts and promoting the operation of the organization and its members;
- Assisting in the establishment of contacts and cooperation with similar and foreign organizations.
- The company carries out its activity on the basis of the effective legislation, its Articles of Association and the resolutions of the General Meeting.
Board of Directors of NOCA
Dr. Momchil Antov – Chairman